I made a pledge to myself to go out and celebrate tonight.
BUT: This is also a day to reflect and set intensions.
- I decided that 2010 will be a good year.
- I decided to spread out positive energy.
- I will live it one day at a time and be fully present.
- I will nurture my friendships. So it doesn’t feel awkward to reach out when we need to each out to other.
- I decided to meet some of my virtual friends face-to-face.
- I will cook more and eat less processed food. I am commited to a healthier diet.
- I will do 5 things I’ve never done before in my life.
- I will make sure my daughter feels loved and supported every day of the year.
- I will Live, Laugh, Love – and try make smart choices.
- I will try to stay open: “Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.” – Sir James Dewar
I sincerely hope you’ll find some time to think about transtioning into a new year. A cycle comes to an end and at the same time we continue to walk on our paths. Where are you heading? Without intensions you won’t reach your goals.
Decide for yourself: Are you letting 2010 slide by or are you entering it in a conscious way and intend to stay in the mindset?
These are simple choices to make but they can go a very long way – for you and for many others. Don’t just make this a day to numb yourself.
I also have a lot to look back at today. 2009 was rocky and life-changing. Today is a day to be extremely grateful for where I am today. It is also a day for closure.
I have received an incredible amount of support this year. Today I am taking some time to reflect on that. I feel lucky, balanced, grounded and filled with inner peace. That is owed to many others. Thank you!