I can mainly think of two ways to throw life away:
- Consciously, by taking action and leave the planet at once
- Subconsciously by not living life to its fullest
Thoughts on option #2
I see many people who have “settled” – simply by accepting various limitations for their lives. They justify it by the circumstances they are or were in.
- Some of us accept to live in dysfunctional family situations – temporarily or permanently.
- Some of us spend big portions of their lives watching TV – knowing that this is part of a passive, not an active lifestyle.
- Some of us simply stop taking care of ourselves – without without ever finding the strength to turn things around again.
- Some of us have dreams for their future and let others talk them out of it.
- Some people have tons of children and are stuck for life (I know this is a highly controversial subject).
- Some of us stop challenging themselves intellectually – knowing that their brain will loose lots of its power if it doesn’t get some exercise here or then.
- Some of us take the route of using drugs – in many cases to numb the pain of not being able to deal with real life. If life would be great it wouldn’t have to be numbed, right?
I am asking myself: Do things really have to be that way? How different would our world be if more people would break their chains and life their lives with less limitations?